Travel insurance for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
AllClear are specialists in medical travel insurance.
We offer comprehensive COPD travel insurance that gives you peace of mind to enjoy your holiday, knowing you’re fully covered.
Key benefits of cover
- All medical conditions considered
- 24-hour medical emergency helpline
- Medical emergency expenses of up to $15,000,000
- Up to $1,000 Medical inconvenience benefit for when you are in hospital as an in-patient
- No age limit on AllClear Gold and Gold Plus policies
- Cancellation cover up to unlimited costs
- Personal belongings cover of up to $7,000
We’re pleased to state all these figures are per person and per trip.
3 easy steps to multiple quotes
Getting travel insurance for someone with COPD
Making sure they are covered
When completing your quote it’s important to declare any form of COPD you have.
As part of our medical screening process for travel insurance with COPD, we’ll also ask you to provide information about your previous and current state of health. There are a few easy to answer questions about your personal details and then you move onto declaring any pre-existing medical conditions you may have.
How to declare COPD
At AllClear we use COPD as an umbrella term to cover a variety of respiratory diseases. Once you declare your COPD we may ask you the following questions:
- How many medicines are prescribed for your condition? (We do not require the names of any medication).
- How many hospital admissions have you had in the past year?
- How short of breath do you get when walking on flat ground?
- Have you received a prescription for oxygen other than when in hospital?
- Have you ever been a smoker?
- In the last year have you had a chest infection or an episode of pneumonia?
The importance of declaring all conditions
Once you have successfully declared COPD you will also need to declare any other recurring illnesses, on-going or lifelong conditions, previous surgeries and any conditions you’re currently living with. This is because:
If you fail to declare your COPD, or any other condition you may have when taking out travel insurance, you could invalidate any claim resulting from a particular condition.
What will affect the price of your policy?
There are a number of factors we use to accurately calculate the quotes we offer you, for example:
- Medical condition.
Using more than 15 years of comprehensive claims data we accurately assess your medical conditions and their severity in order to calculate the level of risk and determine the premium of our AllClear policies.
As we get older we become more likely to make a travel insurance claim, this consequently affects the price of your premium.
Some countries will treat you through private hospitals rather than the state system. This then means that if you need medical attention whilst on holiday your healthcare would be more expensive and this factors into your premium.
The longer you’re on holiday for the more likely it is that you will need to make a claim, so this is factored in when rating the risk of a claim.
We offer quotes for you to review based on all these factors. You can then choose a policy and make your purchases.