What Is Travel Insurance for over 80s?
If you’re over the age of 80 you may have found difficulty getting insurance, particularly if you have been diagnosed with a pre-existing medical condition . This is because many insurance providers set an upper age limit on their policies. We want to give you peace of mind when travelling internationally or domestically, just in case something should go wrong.
We believe everyone has the right to travel, and so we offer products that have no age limits as well as considering all medical conditions. Furthermore, under our policies, you can be covered for some incredible activities including safari treks, sailboarding, golf, windsurfing and even camel riding!
You Have Pre-Existing Conditions. What Are Your Options?
At AllClear, we strongly believe that having a medical condition should not restrict your ability to travel. As long as your doctor has confirmed you are fit for travel, our policies will consider all pre-existing medical conditions, giving you an assurance that you can continue enjoying trips for years to come!
In order to be fully protected, you must declare all pre-existing conditions, which means we will ask you some medical questions as part of the screening process.
You can quote online or on the phone with one of our sales consultants, who can guide you through the process at 1800-785870.
What Types of Travel Insurance Can You Get?
The decision of what type of insurance policy to buy as an individual, couple or group, will depend on how often you’re planning to travel. We can help you choose a tailored policy to suit your needs during the quote process.
Unless you’re travelling multiple times in a year, our single trip travel insurance will be cheaper. Particularly, if you’re travelling to a more expensive region just once. If you’re travelling for a long period of time, such as 90 days, a single trip policy will nearly always be the best option.
If you have plans to travel more than once within the year then an annual multi-trip travel insurance policy could prove to be more cost-effective and convenient for you. An annual multi-trip policy allows you to travel as many times as you want within 12 months, as long as your trips start and end in your home country.
For our annual multi-trip policy, it is extremely important that you keep us updated if you have any changes to your medical condition or your medication.
The Main Benefits of Cover
- All medical conditions considered
- 24-hour medical emergency helpline
- Up to unlimited medical emergency expenses cover
- Up to $1,000 “medical inconvenience” benefit for when you are in hospital as an in-patient
- No age limit on AllClear Gold and Gold Plus policies
- Cancellation cover up to unlimited costs
- Personal belongings cover of up to $7,000
We’re pleased to state all these figures are per person and per trip.
Travel Destinations for Australians over 80
If you are considering exploring a new destination, but aren’t sure where to go, here are some favourites among seniors in their 80s.
- Queenstown, New Zealand
- Alaska, USA
- Bali, Indonesia
- Delhi, India
- Tokyo, Japan
- Suva, Fiji
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Singapore, Singapore
- London, England
- Dublin, Ireland
Over 80s Travel Tips
We want your travels to be as stress-free as can be! Planning for your trip should be an exciting experience, from deciding the destination, accommodation and setting up an itinerary. With so much to do, we have put together some useful tips to help.
- If you’re over 80, having comprehensive medical travel insurance is an important part of planning your trip. Organising your travel insurance sooner rather than later when planning your holiday can be beneficial in case you need to cancel before you go.
Keep Us Informed
- If your health changes in anyway, you will need to let us know so you remain fully covered during your trip. If at any point this happens, you can call us at +61 2 9333 3923 and one of our consultants will be able to amend your policy.
Important Information to Take with You
- A copy of your Travel Insurance Policy. This will speed up the process of getting help and making a claim just in case you are taken ill when you are overseas. If you need us to send you another copy of your policy documentation call +61 2 9333 3923.
- It’s a good idea to take down our emergency contact details in case you need assistance during your trip. Our emergency assistance number is +61 2 9333 3922.
Stay Healthy When Abroad
- It’s enjoyable to relax and unwind while on holiday, however, it’s important not to forget about your health while you’re in another country.
- Aim to drink plenty of water and remain well hydrated especially if you’re going to a hot country with high temperatures. If you’re normally fairly healthy then you don’t have to let this slip while you’re away and healthy eating certainly doesn’t have to be boring. Fill your plate with fresh fish and fresh salad and enjoy the local produce of the country you’re in!
- While excursions and days out can be great when you’re on holiday, don’t feel you have to see and do everything if you know there’s a chance you might overexert yourself. The last thing you want is to overdo it on day one then be unable to enjoy the rest of your holiday. Sometimes relaxing by the pool with a good book is the best thing to do when you’re away.
You are adequately supervised, taking part in an organised event, session or excursion.
Cover under the Personal Accident section is excluded.
Cover under the Personal Public Liability section is excluded.
Read basic conditions for all Amateur Sporting and Hazardous Activites in our policy booklet.