Why Stroke Travel Insurance?
If you’ve had a stroke in the past, it can be difficult to find suitable travel insurance that will cover your medical condition while you’re overseas. At AllClear, we have covered over 1300 medical conditions and we can provide specialist travel insurance for medical conditions, including strokes.
As long as your doctor or consultant has agreed you’re fit to travel, there is no reason why you shouldn’t enjoy a holiday. Whether you’ve had a stroke recently or many years ago, provided you’re not awaiting surgery or further investigations, we will aim to offer a quote for a specialist travel insurance policy to cover your stroke as well as any other associated medical conditions.
What Do You Need to Declare When Getting an Insurance Quote to Cover Your Stroke?
You can get a quote for your stroke travel insurance through our easy to use online medical screening system or you can call our friendly Contact Centre on 1800-785870. During this screening process, you’ll need to declare all of the relevant details to do with your stroke as well as other conditions you may have. Some examples of the questions could include:
- How many strokes have you had in total?
- How long ago was your last stroke?
- How many strokes have you had in the last six months?
- Are you awaiting surgery for this condition or for any scans to be performed?
- Do you currently use any mobility aids?
- Have you had any transient ischaemic attacks (mini-strokes) since your last stroke?
- Do you suffer from an irregular heartbeat (atrial fibrillation)?
- Are you on medication to thin the blood (not including aspirin) which requires regular blood tests?
- Have you ever been a smoker?
Take 3 Easy Steps to Quote
Yes, you will need to declare your stroke regardless of how long ago it occurred or it’s level of severity
If you have medical conditions that occur as symptoms of your stroke and you are in doubt about whether your conditions are covered under ‘stroke’, then our expert Customer Care Team can offer help. You can contact them on +61 2 9333 3923
We calculate the premiums you’re displayed using multiple factors. These include age, trip duration, destination and pre-existing medical conditions
Tips to Stay Safe Travelling If You Have Had a Stroke
It’s important that you don’t make plans to travel without the support of your doctor. Your doctor can reassure you and help you to arrange a healthy, safe and happy holiday.
- If you’ve had a stroke, having comprehensive medical travel insurance is an important part of planning your trip. Organising your travel insurance sooner rather than later when planning your holiday can be beneficial in case you need to cancel before you go
- Discuss your holiday plans with your GP or neurologist before booking
- Pack more medication than you need, in case of delays and unforeseen circumstances
- Take your travel insurance documentation in your hand luggage for easy access to the details of your policy
- Ensure your travel insurance covers not only your medical condition but your medication as well and offers 24-hour medical emergency assistance
- When booking holiday accommodation, consider how accessible it is. You might need a lift or ramp access to the room and common areas, as well as enough room to move easily within the hotel room. Check that bathrooms have step-free access and rails
- Keep us informed! If your health changes in any way, you will need to let us know so you remain fully covered during your trip. At any point, you can call us at +61 2 9333 3923 and one of our consultants will be able to amend your policy.
The Main Benefits of Cover
- All medical conditions considered
- 24-hour medical emergency helpline
- Up to unlimited medical emergency expenses cover
- Up to $1,000 “medical inconvenience” benefit for when you are in hospital as an in-patient
- No age limit on AllClear Gold and Gold Plus policies
- Cancellation cover up to unlimited costs
- Personal belongings cover of up to $10,000
We’re pleased to state all these figures are per person and per trip.