Travel Insurance for Seniors over 70
Why shouldn’t you keep travelling the world as you get older? Indeed, data highlights that the number of people aged 65 to 74 holidaying overseas has jumped more than 80% in the last five years. Seniors in Australia have increasingly been travelling to ‘bucket list destinations’, where age doesn’t act as a barrier against adventure!
While you may be a travel enthusiast, you may have also found that some travel insurance products have an upper age limit of 65, and that they will not cover many pre-existing medical conditions. This is where we specialise, as AllClear offers products with no upper age limits.
You Have Pre-Existing Conditions. What Are Your Options?
At AllClear, we strongly believe that having a medical condition should not restrict your ability to travel. As long as your doctor has confirmed that you’re fit for travel, our policies will consider all pre-existing medical conditions, giving you an assurance that you can continue enjoying trips for years to come!
In order to be fully protected, you must declare all pre-existing conditions, which means we will ask you some medical questions as part of the screening process. You can quote online or on the phone with one of our sales consultants, who can guide you through the process at 1800-785870.
What Does Travel Insurance over 70s Cover?
The Main Benefits of Cover:
- All medical conditions considered
- 24-hour medical emergency helpline
- Up to unlimited medical emergency expenses cover
- Up to $1,000 “medical inconvenience” benefit for when you are in hospital as an in-patient
- No age limit on AllClear Gold and Gold Plus policies
- Cancellation cover up to unlimited costs
- Personal belongings cover of up to $10,000
We’re pleased to state all these figures are per person and per trip.
Is There Anything You Can’t Be Covered for When You’re over 70?
While most of our policies have no age limits, there are a few differences to be aware of if you or a family member are over 70 when travelling.
Our Winter Sports Cover is only available to persons aged 65 years and under (at the date of issue). In terms of maximum trip duration for an annual multi-trip policy, if you are over the age of 70, the maximum trip duration of any one trip is 31 days (in comparison to 45 days for travellers up to the age of 70).
However, here are some of the amazing activities that have no upper age limits:
- Safari/Gorilla trekking
- Hiking (on recognised routes)
- Camel riding
You can see the complete list in our policy holding.
3 Top Travel Tips for seniors over 70
- Book your travel insurance early! Cancellation cover begins as soon as your policy does, which means the sooner you buy your travel insurance the more confident you can feel about being covered for your trip.
- Bring your documents! In the event of a medical emergency, you’ll only initially need the medical emergency number for your policy. However, some hospitals still like to check out your paperwork. If you lose your travel insurance documents, call us on +61 2 9333 3923 and we’ll resend them.
- Be organised with your health! If you are prescribed with any medications you should make sure you have enough for the entire duration of your trip. We advise you to ask your doctor to write a letter containing all the medicines you are carrying. The letter should explain what the medicine is, how much you’ll be taking and stating that it’s for your own personal use. Print a spare copy and keep it separate from your main luggage. Quote now
You are adequately supervised, taking part in an organised event, session or excursion.
Cover under the Personal Accident section is excluded.
Cover under the Personal Public Liability section is excluded.
Read basic conditions for all Amateur Sporting and Hazardous Activites in our policy wordings.