How to Get the Right over 50s Travel Insurance for You
So you’re over 50 and looking for travel insurance, and you may have found it a little more difficult than before you passed this milestone… That’s because 87% of people aged over 65 in Australia have at least one chronic disease, compared to 35% of people aged under 44. At AllClear we believe this fact shouldn’t stop your holidays. That’s why we offer specialist over 50s travel insurance for your medical conditions.
This article will further explain the benefits of specialist cover.
All you’ve got to do, is pick the best policy for you!
The Main Benefits of Cover
- All medical conditions considered
- 24-hour medical emergency helpline
- Up to unlimited medical emergency expenses cover
- Up to $1,000 Medical inconvenience benefit for when you are in hospital as an in-patient
- No age limit on AllClear Gold and Gold Plus policies
- Cancellation cover up to unlimited costs
- Personal belongings cover of up to $7,000
We’re pleased to state all these figures are per person and per trip.
Frequently Asked Questions
How is the price of your quote calculated?
The price of your quote is primarily based upon the likelihood of your medical conditions requiring treatment while abroad; the health care costs of your chosen destination; its distance from Australia; and your age. But importantly, the level of cover being offered to you as well. Our quote system acts as a comparison tool, so you can select a level of cover which suits you best.
Are there any exclusions for over 50s?
There are no benefits which stop at 50, though your options of cover can change in later years.
For example, Winter Sports is available as an Optional Extra up to the age of 65.
However, during your quote, you will only be displayed policies which offer fully comprehensive cover. What’s more, we also provide Golf cover as an optional extra.
Get Quotes in Just 3 Easy Steps
Holiday Tips for over 50s Travel Insurancee
- Consider an active holiday! Take advantage of the wide range of activities that are covered with no additional cost on our 50s travel insurance, including: jet skiing; horse riding; scuba diving (to 30 metres deep); safari/gorilla trekking; cycling – and even camel riding!
- Book your travel insurance early! Cancellation cover begins as soon as your policy does, which means the sooner you buy your travel insurance the more confident you can feel about being covered for your trip.
- Check you’ve got all your travel insurance documents before you go! In the event of a medical emergency, you’ll only initially need the medical emergency number for your policy. However, some hospitals still like to check out your paperwork. If you lose your travel insurance documents, call us on +61 2 9333 3923 and we’ll resend them.