When should you take out cancellation cover?
Buying travel insurance can often be a last minute decision. However, putting cancellation cover in place early is often the best choice.
Why is this?
- If you book a holiday earlier than getting cancellation cover, you take a chance on needing to claim for it.
- Taking out cancellation cover early provides immediate peace of mind. You’ll know that lost expenses on transport, accommodation and package holidays will be returned to you. All you’ll need to think about is planning an exciting trip.
What are the benefits of cancellation cover?
Cancellation cover includes a wide variety of events.
For up to the amount agreed, here’s 6 examples of what you could claim for:
- Travel and accommodation arrangements, excursions, tours and activities.
- The death, disablement or illness of a) you, b) any person you are intending to travel or stay with or c) an immediate relative or yours.
- You being called for jury service.
- Your redundancy or the redundancy of any person you are intending to travel with.
- Your passport, or the passport of any person you are intending to travel with being stolen during the seven days before your departure date.
- Any person you’re travelling with being ordered to return to duty for the armed forces, emergency services or an administrative government role.
For a definitive list of which events you can claim for, please see the wording of your chosen policy.
Levels of cover
The amount of cancellation cover changes between policies.
The level of cancellation, baggage and medical expenses cover available for each policy is displayed at the end of your quote – when your policy options are presented.
Always check the level of cover meets your requirements.
Does cancellation cover apply per person per trip?
Yes, the cancellation cover levels shown are per person – and per trip.
The same applies for all other policy benefits shown in your policy booklet.
After buying the policy when does cancellation cover start?
On a single trip policy, your cancellation cover begins from the date of buying your insurance.
For annual multi-trip policies, cancellation cover is effective from your chosen start date.
How can you increase the cancellation cover for your holiday?
We would need to request this increase from the Underwriter.
Please contact us on +61 2 9333 3923 to do so.
Please note, there would be an additional premium to pay.
For all policies, you’re entitled to cancel and receive a full refund within 14 days of buying it. If you’d like to cancel your policy after these 14 days, we can seek to offer a pro rata amount. Please note, you can’t claim for cancellation and seek a refund on your policy.
Can you exclude cancellation cover?
You are not able to exclude cancellation cover on our policies.
We always seek to offer you comprehensive cover!